Former engineer keen to help others with multiple sclerosis
Wow – it has (once again!) been a while. I do need to get a routine involving this blogging business (which for me, it isn’t by the way (business!)!).
So by means of catching-up a bit, I’m going to the time I started my 2nd (1st time 2005!) flirt with Coronation Street in about June 2017 for reasons close to me – not a sudden Corrie fan!
I received an email asking me if I would be open to be interviewed by the MS Society, being quote, “a northern bloke with living MS”. Well, I am that and of course I said yes (didn’t shout “aye!”)!
Why? I was told that in about a month’s time, there was going to be an emerging story in a character’s story in a soap with multiple sclerosis, and that my story may help the character’s story develop!
A first for me to be interviewed like that – for helpful research, not hammered about a job (of which I’ve had quite a few) – and I enjoyed it. I of course answered with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. My denial of MS being the key and how I dealt with it; more than that
The result? This fabulous article written by the Press & PR Officer, MS Society, that got published in a local media, the News Post Leader piece, my 5 minutes of fame!:
A former engineer has opened up about living with multiple sclerosis (MS) after the condition hit a national soap opera.
Speaking about the new Coronation Street storyline, Roger says he hopes it will raise awareness about the condition and challenge the misconceptions that people with MS often face
About multiple sclerosis
· MS affects more than 100,000 of us in the UK
· MS is often painful and exhausting and can cause problems with how we walk, move, see, think and feel
· It’s unpredictable and different for everyone
About the MS Society
· The MS Society is here for people with MS, through the highs, lows and everything in between
· We have a free helpline - 0808 800 8000 and information can be found on our website www.mssociety.org.uk
· We’re driving research into more – and better – treatments for everyone
· Together we’re strong enough to stop MS
Fame? Not really, just me 'being brave' I’m told, and honest, that I am! Another MS media something (with me in it somewhere) coming soon, I’m led to believe. About? That’s for me to know!
Stay tuned to find out! (Corrie flirt is over btw!)